According to a recent survey Nine out of 10 IT departments spend at least half of their time doing routine administrative tasks, such as adding and managing new server workloads, adding new employees or developing and launching new applications. Server virtualization that enables many operating systems to be set up on one server reduces the total amount of software needed to run every operation in the business. The consolidation of many servers through a process of virtualization cuts down on cost of buying and maintaining multiple machines. For some, setting up in-house virtualization is initially an easy task, but in reality, the cost of managing it on an ongoing basis will soon prove to be financially impossible for most businesses. The cost of constant patching, backing-up, monitoring and provisioning for the service soon mounts up, taking financial resources away from the key areas of a business. Other issues of attempting to manage virtualization in-house include:
- Most IT staff lack the ongoing management and installation skills.
- Operating costs for an in-house virtualization infrastructure tend to fluctuate monthly.
- IT staff spend more time attempting to maintain the server than on strategic company IT projects.
- The costs of hardware, software, and maintenance are rising, but IT budgets are continually shrinking.
The research shows that the direct and indirect cost of a dedicated internal resource management infrastructure is generally 25 to 30% higher than if you were to outsource your infrastructure. Here is a brief look at why outsourcing your network’s virtualization implementation and management services is a good idea:
- Lower cost management.
- Streamlines the IT Infrastructure of a business.
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Industry best practice: Use the service providers ITIL compliant service desk to log installation requests, moves, adds and changes (IMAC).
- 24x7x365 support for your virtualization infrastructure.
- Use of industry best practices when managing your virtualization infrastructure.
- Multiple security protocols giving different levels of access can be implemented.
- Faster solution rollout, hardware and software upgrades and maintenance, up-time and disaster recovery.
- Reduce the time spent on mundane monitoring tasks, updates, and report generation.
- 24/7 management.
- Reduces support and infrastructure costs.
How we can help
NOVO’s first class support and management staff can implement and support a Virtualization solution fitted to your specific needs. Our Virtualization Services are second to none, can be tailored specifically to your current and future needs and managed by our team of highly skilled network administrators, technicians and talented consultants who are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Project management and coordination are essential for the successful deployment of complex virtualization solutions NOVO’s experienced and capable project managers will work closely with you to ensure that the service transition is done seamlessly and professionally. Our project managers will act as the main point of contact throughout the duration of the service transition and can offer you:
- Managed desktop virtualization.
- The latest in virtual network security solutions.
- Managed virtualised network services.
- Managed server virtualization.
NOVO's managed virtualization services will allow you to focus on your core business while we focus on ours – getting your virtual infrastructure set up and running and, providing you with opportunities to decrease costs, increase your ROI and long-term success. Regardless of your requirements, our courteous and dedicated sales team will work with you to create a virtualization solution configured to your specifications.